CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

IELTS finally over!

Hello everyone. Long time not see you all, my friends. Hopefully you are really and really missed me (haha).
Im going to share with all of you a bit of my experience during my preparation for ielts. Along this week, im supposedly to have a semester break, but I need to stay up here. What a disaster I thought, but what else can I do. I must repeat my ielts during this period because im knew, after this I’ll do not have an enough time to focus on ielts even myself(just kidding). So, I decided to reiterate ielts at this moment. However, I suffered a lot along this week because loneliness kept on chasing me. All of my friends went back to their hometown, meet with their beloved family but I become a lonely ranger here(sob2).

Fortunately, there were another two person, zaz and fikri had same situation like me. So, im not alone anymore(huhu). Regarding to my preparation for ielts, I thought better for me to have a study group rather than do a revision alone. Thus, we planned to carry out this kind of revision everynight along this weekend. Usually, we met at house no, 14 which was my house. There were lots of activites we included in that period. Firstly, we polished back our knowledge about ielts especially the format of speaking, reading, writing and listening. Then, we started to look back on our last year worksheets, notes and textbook. Luckily, im still have and kept it neatly in my fail. Next, we did a brainstorming on certain topics that we spotted to get into the examination questions. This condition was carried out about a week. Can you image how bad it was our condition? The others happily enjoyed the semester break in their sweet and beautiful home and I assumed that they managed to get enough rest but not same as me. I must to keep on doing revision regularly with istiqamah to prepare completely myself in order to face that examination.

Day by day, finally the time had came for speaking test. We departed from our home around 11am and reached at IDP test centre almost 1230pm. After registration, we took our turn to been tested by the idp officer who was in charge in room 1. Fikri was the first person, followed by zaz and lastly me. Unfortunately, once again the’nervousness’ inside myself had killed me, it make me became more panic and I cannot spoke as fluently as nedded. Here, I want to make an announcement who can help me to overcome this matters since im always panicked when talking in front of the crowds. Now back again to my story, something terrible happened during speaking test which I could not answer all the questions in part2 within the given time. It made me felt sad.
The second day of the test which included listening, writing and reading section held in Saturdays. Thank to God because we managed to wake up early although we slept quite late. As usual, everything went fine that day. Talking about my attempt towards the examination papers especially writing section, im really not satisfied with my performance as I did not managed to write the task 2 very well, but what can I do? Hopefully, the markers would be lenient when marking my answer booklets. The time had always became my biggest enemy in every examination, I cannot managed the time very well. That is my weakness.

As a conclusion, I hoped that the examiners would give me a better marks and the most important things,I managed to get all the four elements at least band 6. I don’t want to resit again!Its a nightmares for me! Let gone be by gone, I’ve tried my best, INSYAALLAH I’ll get a better result. Be positive, so your life will be happy and more meaningful.
See you then my friends. Papai~

0 comments: